The Diplome de Patisserie is earned when the student successfully completes the Basic, Intermediate and Superior pastry courses. The student will also receive a certificate for each course successfully completed.
BASIC PASTRY COURSE(PB) INTRODUCTION TO FRENCH P?TISSERIE
* Basic doughs
* Introduction to creams & fillings
* Traditional desserts & cakes
* Classical techniques, basic decoration
* Masking & glacage
* Introduction to yeast doughs (croissants & brioches)
* Basic French Patisserie terminology
INTERMEDIATE PASTRY COURSE(PI)
* Prerequisite : Basic Pastry Certificate
* Artistic decorative skills
* Ice cream & sorbet
* Variations on restaurant desserts
* Savoury & sweet petits fours, classic & contemporary presentations
* Introduction to breadbaking
* Mastering bavarian creams & mousses
* Caramel & nougatine
* Introduction to chocolate : hand tempering & dipping
SUPERIOR PASTRY COURSE(PS)
* Prerequisite : Intermediate Pastry Certificate
PART I : CONTEMPORARY RESTAURANT DESSERTS
* Hot & cold restaurant desserts, including souffl?s, contemporary cakes, tartes, b?ches. Emphasis on decoration & presentation. In- depth study of flavours, aromas & spices.
PART II : THE ART OF CHOCOLATE
* Mousse cakes, tempering of chocolates, hand-dipped & moulded chocolates, mixing different chocolates and textures, chocolate boxes and flowers, sculpture & display.
PART III : ARTISTIC SUGAR CREATIONS
* Techniques of cooking, colouring & pulling sugar
* Pulled sugar flowers & ribbons
* Blown sugar spheres, fruits & animals
Course fees: $22,750.00 CAD
Non-refundable application fee: $500.00 CAD
Course fees includes, tuition, uniform and equipment, all learning materials and student activities fees.
High School Diploma (USA)(CAD), High School Certificate (Japan), GCSEs (UK), CAP/Baccalaureat (France) or equivalent.