The Bachelor of Science degree program in Advertising is a twelve-quarter program. The program provides students with skills in conceptual thinking, copywriting, design, marketing and public relations, developing advertising campaigns, the business side of advertising, account and strategic planning. The degree also provides a balance in liberal arts courses as well as educates the student in the application of advertising principles to evolving communication channels (interactive media) and the life skills needed to develop and sustain a career in advertising and related fields.
The mission of the Bachelor?s degree program in Advertising at The Art Institutes International Minnesota is to prepare students for careers in the diverse arena of advertising. To teach advertising from business to creative across all media platforms with content to enrich the understanding of advertising as an essential component of our economic and social system. To provide a curriculum based on regular examination of the industry and the evolving media. A commitment to lifelong learning is instilled in students as a means to develop their careers from entry-level positions in the advertising field.
PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Graduates will apply industry knowledge and critical thinking skills to analyze, develop, and implement effective advertising solutions that meet professional standards
2. Graduates will develop concepts as well as analyze and incorporate aesthetics and layout in the design process for advertising campaigns and marketing communications
3. Graduates will demonstrate proficiency with the tools and graphic techniques of the profession to plan and implement production of advertising media such as print collateral, audio and video spots, and Web-interactive materials
4. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the interdependence between advertising/marketing objectives and visual expression and be able to evaluate, and critique, their ideas
5. Graduates will be able to articulate the vision behind their creative work and explain and promote their solutions to clients and colleagues
6. Professionalism - Graduates will demonstrate professional presentation; articulation of knowledge of advertising and visual problem solving; and mastery of industry standards, professional practices and ethics